You'll probably need to download to look at it properly.
This is just kinda how I think it would work (shhh people who want to say "But its not possibleeeee"
I'm drinking Rum-Redbull and its not meant to be a biology report, its fantasy/sci-fi). Where the wings are on backs always annoys me and how it would work also annoys me too because skeletons are weird. I like drawing bones and wings. But I get irritated when it makes no sense.
I have been doing a lot of studying, research and talking to actual doctors and physiotherapists who understand anatomy and asking for their opinions. Also done one for the muscles and wings themselves which i'll have up soon.
- Modified scapulae means anchorage for wing bones, no second set lower down needed. Wings not directly on top of the shoulders, just below.
- Extended sternum becomes a keel for more muscle attachments.
- Rib-barbs keep ribs together and stop over expansion
- Wing bones used are those of a Bald Eagle, different birds will have different bone proportions to this. Also this is an average male skeleton, female bones would be almost identical with the exceptions of things that make them female (pelvic bones, shoulder breadth, skull shape etc)
- This is all theoretical opinion. Skeletal structures are different to muscle and flesh. FYI this is not specifically for Maximum Ride, lets leave the 2% stuff to one side, its scientifically stupid and badly explained.
Bones, Anatomy Ref from www.biodigitalhuman.com/
, medical books, doctors, various sources of photos and ornithological books and diagrams.